Phantom Productions, Incorporated
Creative Entertainment & Production Since 1964
Chris & Martin Theophilus, Directors
Celebrating 50 years!
Since it was established in 1964, Phantom Productions' Directors, Chris & Martin Theophilus, have been active in helping build the music business. Phantom provides multimedia and entertainment services including: digital video production for corporate clients, festivals and special events; web development, design and hosting; as well as entertainment services through David Perkoff Music.
Why "PHANTOM" Productions?
Phantom Productions began as an audio recording company in Alpine, Texas in 1964. Originally called Highland Sound Company (suggestion by Scottish grandmother), we produced record albums, radio shows, film audio post production and music projects across Texas.
In audio production microphones may be "phantom" powered. That is, remotely powered. We liked the "behind the scenes" image that Phantom provided. We work behind the scenes to provide you with professional services!
In order to assist artists who were not well versed in business and promotion, we added consultation and marketing services in the mid 1980's. We established a sister company in Milton Keynes, England called Phantom UK. Phantom UK included computer animation development and for awhile had offices in Hong Kong.
We managed several artists during this time including: Mark Luke Daniels; Tracie Lynn; James Hinkle and Housewives Choice; Skull Duggery, plus others ranging from Folk to Metal. Mark Luke was signed to a major publishing contract (Montie Music Group - Richie Valen's worldwide publisher) and a record deal with Gene Simmons of the rock group KISS.
Phantom's Directors founded the Austin Community College Commercial Music Degree program in the late '80's to provide additional resources in management, staging, promotion and production. The program has been very successful and is graduating students with 2 year associate degrees in Commercial Music.
In the early1990's Chris began focusing Phantom Productions more on corporate clients. In 1992, Phantom began representing David Perkoff Music, Inc. whose corporate business was growing rapidly and needed Phantom's business support services.
With our staff's background in management and training, we established ties with corporate consultants in 1993 and began providing business management and production. In early 1996, During this period, Phantom contracted with ComedySportz of Austin to provide their business management and bookings.
Phantom Video, the "in-house" video production company, supported our entertainment and has now grown into its own business. We produce video, web sites and many other types of media. In addition to housing the vintage recording collection, the Phantom studio has the latest in digital editing and post production capability. It is also available for voice over and music development clients.
Directly above - Chris with Marvin Hamlisch • Chris & Martin with Tom Pacheco • More about Chris' work with international entertainers
Chris is Phantom's CEO & Administrative Director and manages the association with David Perkoff Music. Since 1991 she has coordinated an annual average of over 400 events with DPM. She also shoots HD video for Phantom - from entertainment events & hot air balloons, to corporate training events. Chris co-manages Phantom's University of Texas multimedia contract with the Texas Center for Disability Studies.
Chris grew up in Sudbury, Suffolk, England and brings a wonderful international flavor to our services. Her love of animals includes her Rain Dancer, a Quarter horse, Kan Daanz (KD) an Arabian, our German Shepherd Bonnie Bracken.
Chris has served in entertainment related organizations including:
- Board Member, Museum of Magnetic Sound Recording
- Board Member, Austin Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts ('91 -'92)
- Board Member, Austin Music Business Association ('90 -'91)
- Chairperson, International Committee, Austin Music Business Association ('90 -'91)
- Advisory Committee - Austin Community College Commercial Music Program ('88 -'91)
Martin is the Multimedia & Production Director for Phantom, shooting and editing video, developing web sites, and is the IT manager. He also manages Phantom's University of Texas multimedia contract with the Texas Center for Disability Studies. Martin develops web sites, produces training videos, marketing plans and consults with UT staff in areas of media. Phantom also provides system support services to the TCDS.
Born in Marfa, Texas (the facade, left, from the filming of Giant was visible from the highway to El Paso for many years) and raised in Alpine, Texas, Martin migrated to the Austin music scene in 1978.
Martin has been active in building Austin's entertainment resources including:
- Board Member, Museum of Magnetic Sound Recording
- Member, National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) - GRAMMY'S (1988)
- Member, Entertainment Industry Task Force, Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce
- Chair, Austin Music Business Association
- Chair, Austin Community College Commercial Music Program ('88 -'91) - Initiated and developed two year degree program that integrates music business with music performance, concert staging, audio engineering, promotion, entertainment business, marketing, artist management, tour coordination, lighting, et al. View Video Part 1 • Part 2 • Part 3
- Member, Austin Community College Business Management Advisory Board ('82 -'91)
- Member, International Business Advisory Committee, Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce ('88 -'92)
- Board President, Tongue and Groove Theatre ('95 -'97)
- Chief Engineer - Austin Custom Records ('79 -'81) (photo of studio ->)
- VP & Chief Engineer - New Generation Productions ('80 -'81)
A Few Credits by Country
"Phantom Productions" is the registered trademark of Phantom Productions, Inc. Copyright 2015
All pictures and content on this web site are the property of Phantom Productions, Inc.